Position: Press and Public Diplomacy Student Assistant – Department of Public Diplomacy, Media and Culture
Deadline: August 27, 2023
Start date: ASAP
Location: 1. Dong Wu Jie, San Li Tun, Beijing
Would you like to work the Embassy of the Kingdom of Denmark in China, the biggest Danish diplomatic mission abroad?
The Embassy of the Kingdom of Denmark in China is looking for an energetic Chinese student for a position as our part-time Press and Public Diplomacy Student Assistant to start as soon as possible. Please see detailed information below:
As a Press and Public Diplomacy Student Assistant, you will be closely working with the entire team to contribute to our Chinese social media platforms. Your main tasks will include:
- Translating relevant information/news about Denmark;
- Producing posts based on texts, pictures and videos for the Embassy’s Chinese social media platforms, including WeChat Public Account, WeChat Channels and Kuaishou
- Drafting weekly social media reports
- Assisting with other media and public diplomacy related ad hoc affairs.
You will have to be able to commit to 20 hours per week, minimum 6 months, preferably 12 months (working hours will be planned based on the schedule together with the selected candidates)
Salary: Monthly salary of 2000 RMB.
The job is open for applicants who currently study at a university. We prefer you to have the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a BA or MA programme, major in journalism, international relations English or related areas is a plus.
- Good command of written English and Chinese;
- Avid social media user, experience in creative writing and/or managing social media public accounts is a plus;
- Superb in organizing data content and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge and experience in video editing and graphic design is a plus;
- Responsible, inquisitive and creative
To apply for the position, please send your CV and application in English explaining why you are the right person for the job to email@example.com. Please also enclose 2-3 references (including place of study/company, name of contact person and e-mail). Articles you have written in English and Chinese and links to video or photography work can be included for reference if possible.
The subject box of the e-mail should read “Press and Public Diplomacy Student Assistant – Department of Public Diplomacy, Media and Culture”. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Ms. Ting Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this job a clean criminal record is required.