Position: Administrative Officer
Type of employment: Permanent position
Starting date: August 2023
Location: Royal Danish Consulate General in Shanghai
Deadline for application: 9 July 2023
Interview of applicants: 10 - 14 July 2023
The Royal Danish Consulate General in Shanghai is looking for a dynamic and efficient new staff member to fill the position of Administrative Officer.
The Administrative Officer will be part of the administration team and reports to the Deputy Consul General. The administration team handles administration, HR, accounting, IT and facility services. The team members also guide the rest of the Consulate General in regards to various rules and administrative procedures. The Consulate General is a dynamic and multicultural workplace, and consists of approximately 35 Chinese and Danish employees. In addition, the administrative officer may also occasionally work with colleagues based at the Danish missions in Beijing and Guangzhou.
As an Administrative Officer, you will be responsible for handling a number of tasks within the administration team, in close cooperation with other team members and under the supervision of the Deputy Consul General:
Main tasks and responsibilities
- HR tasks; job advertisements, recruitment, employment contracts and staff rules
- Updating staff information and staff databases
- Administration of leases for posted staff, state inventory, maintenance etc.
- Administrative tasks in relation to events, visits etc.
- IT; support colleagues in regards to IT-systems, coordinate with the IT department in Copenhagen and back-up assistance with security related tasks
- Communication with local service bureau in regards to employment related matters
- Coordination with the ministry’s HR department in Copenhagen
- Various other tasks related to HR and administration
Required qualifications and experience
- Outgoing, service minded person with a positive attitude
- Ability to thrive in a busy workplace with many different tasks
- Experience with HR or administration
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Flexible towards work tasks and hours
- Fluent in English both orally and in writing
- It’s an advantage to be fluent in one of the Nordic languages and/or have Chinese language skills, but not a requirement
- Must have a clean criminal record and be able to pass the ministry’s security check
- An exciting, inter-cultural and dynamic work environment with a wide range of tasks
- Opportunities for further development of your professional and personal competences
- A large degree of self-dependence
- An informal workspace, where we care about each other’s well-being
- You will be offered full time employment on a local contract based on the relevant legally binding labour market rules of China
- Your standard working hours will be 40 hours per week with flexibility in organizing your own daily working hours
- You will be entitled to 20 days of paid holiday per year. In addition, you will be entitled to a number of paid local holidays
- Your salary will reflect your qualifications, relevant experience and proven work-related results
Application and recruitment process
To apply for the position, please send your application (CV and one-page cover letter in English) to email@example.com, The subject line should read: “Administrative Officer” and the application deadline is 9 July 2023.
The Consulate General is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview at the Consulate General in July.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact the Deputy Consul General, Ms. Dung Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Royal Danish Consulate General is part of the Danish Foreign Service. The Consulate General handles bilateral relations between Denmark and China, with a focus on trade and innovation and investment. The Consulate General in Shanghai covers Shanghai, Anhui, Jiangsu, Jiangxi and Zhejiang. The Consulate General employs about 35 staff and, besides the administration and finance team, consists of teams covering trade, innovation, investment in Denmark, consular affairs and visa. For more information, please visit https://kina.um.dk.